Thursday 5 April 2018

Caravan (1970) And I Wish I Were Stoned/Don't Worry - LOST 70s GEMS

Caravan's sophomore album was released in the fall of 1970 and was called; If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You. I could spend the whole post talking about this magnificent title which sounds like a lewd flirt or unromantic , drunken flirt. It's also a song on the proceeding album and it's a funky little number, the plodding organ line, crisscrossing vocals asking 'Who do you think you are?', Pye Hasting's Sam Cooke RnB styled vocals delivered in a cracked falsetto, while the whole rhythm is steeped in classic 60s grooviness with David Sinclair's overdriven Hammond the star of the show.
And I Wish I Were Stoned/Don't Worry is a beautiful little song with it's flowing vocal lines, a listlessly, dazed pop song. The fluid lead guitar solo is a spectacular treat before we return to Richard Sinclair's opening, circular melody again and Pye's subsequent dreamy chorus.


No comments:

Post a Comment